Friday, October 28, 2011

Mom's pick

Once again I had no idea what colors to use on my nails so I asked my mom :) She suggested I do something holloween-ish, so she chose brown and orange. As I was looking for polishes I realised I have barely any browns or oranges. So I had to use what I had, but I also made a mental note to keep an eye out for more oranges and browns.
Sinful Colors "Nirvana", WNW "Sunny Side Up", and Sinful Colors "Cloud 9"
I ended up using 2 coats of Sinful Colors "Nirvana" for the base,


 2 coats of WNW "Sunny Side Up" for the tips and then I topped it all off with 1 coat of Sinful Colors "Cloud 9".

  "Cloud 9" is a very sheer color, but it is sooooo pretty. I tried to capture the sparkle this color has. I used a thin coat to give my nails a little bit of a sparkle to them. The brown just didn't look right until I put this color on. Very glad I did.

My original idea was to try and do some sponging......... it turned out horrible... twice!!! lol so those pictures have been destroyed to leave to evidence of the epic fail they were lol. After that I decided to just go a bit simpler so I went to my old faithful mani :) I didn't realise how sheer "Cloud 9" was until I did this mani. I like the overall look that was my end result.

Like most of my mani's I wore this for 2 days. My next post shows a dupe I found for a polish I've really been wanting... but you will have to wait.. Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow my blog! Please leave any questions or comments you have below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com