Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Picked by my Fiance... and another franken!

I never know what color(s) to paint my nails so I normally ask my mom (who lives downstairs from me) or my fiance, Jody, for color suggestions. Well it was Jody's turn and he said "bright green with pink tips" You may not know this about me but I LOVE green and I could care less about pink. I do have a couple pinks though. I wasn't really excited about his choice but I did it any ways..... and honestly, I'm really glad I did. I love how it turned out. The colors worked really well together. Ok on to the pictures :)

I don't know why but I forgot to take a picture of the green base color. For the base I used 2 coats of Essence "Lime Up", The pink was an L.A. Colors polish but it doesn't have a name If I ever figure out the name of it I will make sure to update this post   :(.... but until then...
I did the tips free hand instead of using guides. I just wanted to see how how I could do without them.... I think I need to keep using lol. I used two coats of the green, one coat of SV, two coats of the pink and another coat of SV.

Also since I love my new and very first Nubar I had to give it a try on this mani. I used 1 coat of Nubar 2010

The effect the Nubar 2010 had on the lighter colors is much different then when it is used on darker colors.

Next up is a franken I made. It doesn't have a name yet so if you have any ideas please let me know.

 i pretty much just poured in a little of every glitter polish I had and some loose glitter for more sparkle :) You can never have too much glitter, there is no such thing!!!

 This is 2 coat of my un-named franken
 
 It reminds me of a few other polishes I've been seeing on another blog:

This is Deborah Lippman "Happy Birthday" from Lacquered Lover's Blog, The glitter in my polish is smaller but they do look a bit alike.

Also from the same blog is Milani Gems:

Well that's it for today. Please leave any comments you may have below :) Thanks for reading and please check out Lacqueres Lover's blog !!!

1 comment:

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com