Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 22: Inspired By A Song

 Today is "Inspired By A Song" day. I have a couple different songs that I've been loving right now, and not many of them I could come up with a mani idea for. The song I ended up picking is "Nothing But The Water" by Grace Potter and The Nocturnals.

I couldn't find a music video for this song, but I was about to find the song on YouTube:

 
I love this song!!! Ok on to my mani... Obviously I was going for a water theme.
 
I know, I know, I broke my promise. I said I wasn't going to do another gradient for the rest of this challenge, but I felt that a gradient was the only way to go about accomplishing what I pictured in my head. I started out with 2 coats of Piggy Polish "It's All About Blue" and also used it for the gradient along with...
 
Orly "Skinny Dip" and...
 
China Glaze "Splish Splash"
 
I think these polishes worked perfect together and created the perfect water look.
 
The gradient is very subtle but noticeable. I also found it very calming :)
 
I used OPI "My Boyfriend Scales Walls" and a nail art brush to create the sea foam from the waves, and I even included a couple birds in the sky :) This is the only polish that wasn't an untried.
 
Since I always have to add a little sparkle I sponged on a little Layla Hologram Effects "Ocean Rush" on the tips of my nails.
 
They didn't turn out exactly as I had pictured in my head but I still really like how they turned out. I love them and I really feel like I'm looking into the water.
 


I think the Layla polish is what really made it as great as it is. My nails look so much better in person, these pictures couldn't capture all of the awesomeness of them.
 
Now I have to think about what I'm going to do tomorrow for my movie nails.... totally not sure yet. Oh and just for your enjoyment this is how I had to edit all of my pictures:
My younger pup Stitch just "had" to lay on me. I just jumped up and made himself comfortable. I didn't have the heart to move him lol. He's lucky he's cute :)
 
Well thanks for reading, and check back tomorrow for my movie nails. And don't forget to check out the other ladies' blogs below:
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com