Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 24: Inspired By A Book

 This was another tough one for me. I couldn't decide on a book. Some of my favorites I just couldn't figure out how to make them translate to the nail. I ended up choosing this book mainly because the cover and theme gave me something that I could work with :)

So with that said, the book I took my inspiration from is:"The Eye Of Horus" by Carol Thurston
Anyone that knows me, knows I look all things Ancient Egyptian.  I even have a few Egyptian based tattoos. but anyways on to the nails :)

 I wasn't totally sure what I was going to do from the beginning. I kinda just grabbed a bunch of colors that I thought would work well with what I had in my head. Pretty much I was just winging it lol I started with my glue base and after that dried I applied 3 coats of Pure Ice "Bite Me!" I love the name of the polish and the actually polish is pretty good too

 Since I had no sense of where I was going I decided to let the polishes led me on my way to a finished product.

( As I write omrhing it soing ok, e caff) <---- I was falling asleep when I started this post lol. No clue what that is suppose to mean. Anyways, I added a coat of Sally Hansen "Gilded Lily' which is pretty much just a gold glitter. But it's not an over powering glitter.

So here is a picture of all the polishes I used.
Pure Ice "Bite Me", Essence "Date With The Night", Sally Hansen "Gilded Lily", Milani "3D", OPI  "Alpine Snow" - Which was used for the stamping, and the white nail art pen I used for my hieroglyphs.
So after I used 3 coats of "Bite Me!" and 1 coat of "Gilded Lily" I used "Date With The Night" and used the saran wrap technique. I wanted to make a kinda old gold ancient look. After the saran wrap I felt it was a bit too dark so I added another coat of "Gilded Lily" and saran wrapped on some "3D" for a little depth. I was finally happy with what I had so Then I added some freehand hieroglyphs, and a couple stamped images.

Left Hand


Right Hand

I've been wanted to use the ankh image for a while so I knew it would be perfect for this mani and I needed the eye of Horus :) Using the nail are pen, I took some of the hieroglyphs from the cover of the book and tried to recreate them on my nails. Some were easier than others.

All in all I am happy with how this turned out. Cleanup could have been better but I was getting tired and I need to get the pictures up. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. The book is great by the way, and I think I'm going to start re-reading it :) Day 25 is "Inspired By Fashion" and I don't really follow fashion so this is going to be another pain in the butt I think, but we will see. Thanks for reading and make sure to check out the other ladies below :)



1 comment:

  1. ooh so pretty ..I love the shimmer of gold on your skintone.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com