Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Santa And His Elves Are A Little Late...

So I'm a little late with this post, I'm sorry :( Please forgive me. I hope every one had a great X-mas (or other holiday as it applies to you) I didn't really celebrate it this year. Things have changed a lot since I was a kid. The holidays just aren't the same. But anyways, the theme for today's post, which was meant for the 24th, is Santa and Elves.

I had an idea in my head and it turned out like I planned. I like it, what do you think?

 I started out with 2 coats of China Glaze "Ruby Pumps" on my ring finger and thumb.

 And 2 coats of Zoya "Logan" from this years Ornate Collection. I love both of these colors and I think they are very "christmasy" (I don't think that's a word, but I'm making it a word) but also nice for an every day color.

 I think this is the first time I've used "Ruby Pumps" and now I know why everyone is always talking about it and always trying to find it. I know that it is apart of the main collection but it's almost always out of stock. This is a must have polish for everyone!

 I forgot to take a picture of the white before adding the glitter, but I used a dotting tool and China Glaze "White On White" to make the fluffy part of the hats on the tips of my nails and the fluff for Santa's jacket on my thumbs. I figured adding white would make the glitter stand out more.

 For the Santa nails I also used my dotting tool along with China Glaze "Glistening Snow" and applied it over the white.

 For the elves nails I used China Glaze "Angel Wings" along with the dotting tool over the white.

 I figured since there is only one Santa it made more sense to have several elves and one one Santa :) I think it turned out cute and people seemed to like them.

 I noticed that I missed a few spots during clean up, but oh well lol.

All of the polishes applied great. The China Glaze holo glitters applied like a dream and had great coverage. I can't wait to use these again. They are so sparkly and a distraction in the sun lol.

Well we only have 1 more mani left in this challenge. I don't think I've doing anything for New Year's, but I'm still going to put on some major sparkle and bling nails :) Can't wait to see what everyone else does :)

Thanks for reading. Either later tonight or tomorrow I will be posting pics of some recent packages and gifts I've gotten recently. So keep an eye out for that, and don't forget to check out the other ladies participating in this challenge.

4 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of these christmas nails!! Love the colours and glitter combos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like how they turned out and they were so simple to do.

      Delete
  2. is really nice!!!!!
    http://kakelnails.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these designs :)

    The red China Glaze polish is beaut!

    http://the-ravi-osahn.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com